Click here to read a great interview that Beth Ditto gave to The Advocate.
Here are our HIGHlights:
- "I do think that George Bush was absolutely a fascist piece of shit."
- "I don't know who I'm voting for yet, and people keep asking me a lot. I think that on the one hand, people are surprised that I don't say “Hilary” immediately, but I just don't think civil unions are the best, because “separate but equal” is unconstitutional! It's bullshit, and we've been through this already."
- "I'm the kind of voter who thinks a lot about who they vote for, period. Until the day of, usually, because I'm busy deconstructing [the candidates.]"
- "I love fashion, but it's just not fair. Here's the deal: Fashion should be for everyone. [Pauses] Well, fashion is one thing - I love style. Those are two different things. I think fashion is a product that can be bought and sold and is made for you, and style is something that you get up and you do it to yourself every morning. Fashion is a product, but style is a way of life. You can't buy style, it's an instinct."
- "Miss Piggy is extremely iconic. There's no one higher than Miss Piggy. It's funny, but it's true — she definitely was a huge influence on me as a teenager. Oh, and Patty Duke!"