After Brit Brit and her paparazzo lover, Adnan Ghalib, left the offices of Spears' lawyer, they made their way back to the Beverly Hills Hotel.
Poppa Jamie Spears showed up too. And so did the police!
The pair were eventually reunited, but not until after a very tense evening.
OK! magazine recounts the timeline of events.
- Around 5:20 pm PT, Britney and Adnan visit the office of Spears' new attorny, Adam Streisand, hired to contest the conservatorship the court instated over the former pop star.
- Around 7:00pm PT, Britney managed to sneak out of Streisand's office building and return to the Beverly Hills Hotel! According to a source, a paparazzo from Adnan's photo agency, FinalPixx, snuck them out of the building by hiding Adnan and Brit under a black blanket in the back of his car.
- Back at the Beverly Hills Hotel, several of the police who were there earlier remain on the grounds as do a number of bodyguards who are keeping watch in the hotel's parking garage.
- Shortly before 9:00pm PT, Brit's father Jamie Spears arrived at the Beverly Hills Hotel. According to eyewitnesses, Jamie talks to the hotel's concierge and waits in the lobby. "He looks very tired," says one witness. "It looks like he just wants someone to help him out."
- A few minutes later, Jamie was approached by the concierge and a pair of men who may have been plainclothes police officers or hotel security officials, who led him to a private conference room, where Brit's father showed them what appear to be legal documents. Sources says Jamie is likely asking for the hotel's cooperation in getting his daughter back to her home.
- Around 9:20pm PT, more police arrived at the Beverly Hills Hotel and begin gathering in the lobby, outside in the valet parking area and upstairs on the second floor of the hotel, where Britney and Adnan were holed up.
- At 9:30pm PT, Jamie Spears entered Britney's room with what is believed to be legal documents in his hand. Meanwhile, down in the hotel's private parking garage, a number of hotel guards are kept watch on Brit's Mercedes.