It's not just California in a fight for equality!
Perezzer's is a native Floridian and we felt obliged to bring an important issue to the attention of y'all in our home state!
Take a moment to look closely at Amendment 2, which is seeking to write discrimination into law.
The Orlando Sentinel and 10 other Florida papers urge you to say NO.
Here are 6 good reasons why you should vote NO on 2 too:
1. Taking Away Benefits: Amendment 2 could take away existing benefits from all unmarried Floridians
2. Hurting Seniors. Amendment 2 could force seniors to choose between important benefits like sharing health care and important government benefits.
3. "Gay Marriage" Bait & Switch: Amendment 2 claims to ban "gay marriage" but Florida already has multiple laws banning same-sex marriage
4. Massive Government Intrusion: Amendment 2 puts the government where it doesn't belong - regulating the personal relationships of Floridians.
5. Hiring Expensive Lawyers: Amendment 2 could force unmarried Floridians to hire expensive private lawyers just to protect their basic legal rights.
6. Dramatic Consequences: Amendment 2 could take away job benefits from university employees and be used as a defense to domestic violence - as in other states which passed similar amendments.
Click here to learn more about Amendment 2.
But, regardless of where you stand, be sure you're registered to vote!