Michael Jackson's lawyers pulled the plug on what was going to be a very interesting case when they plucked him off his plane to London.
In Sheik Abdullah bin Hamad Al Khalifa's suit against Wacko Jacko, the Bahrain prince was asking for 7 million buckaroos to cover financial aid the prince provided, a reneged contract, and subsidized lifestyle of bizarre extravagance. Jacko's side was claiming it was all just a gift. Jacko was called to London's High Court, and after initial attempts to hide behind a sick note, the fallen King of Pop was ready to go and face the music.
But his lawyers reached a preliminary settlement, halting what would have been a spectacular shit show.
What we wanna know is…what the hell happened? Where did all his money go?
It's a sad story of a "millioniare living like a billionaire."
- Recently, in addition to the "brain guru" at $300,000 the Sheik also paid for ice cream, about $400 of Body Shop lotions, toys, and a Ferrari
- $135,000 on bills
- And $2.2 million on legal fees
- During his trial in Santa Barbara in 2005, it was said that Jackson was spending about $30 million more than he was making
- His staff bill is about $4 million a year
- He pays Paris' and Prince's bio-mom, Debbie Rowe, $1.2 million a year to stay out of their lives, and their nanny, Grace Rwaramba, whom they call mom instead, lives off of Jackson though she has fallen ill to lupus
- He pays $61,000 for cream to treat his "skin condition"
- $25 million to the family of the boy who accused him of molestation
- $3 million a year to maintain Neverland and its staff…which he no longer possesses the deeds to
- And a shizload of debt and legal fees attemtping to defend himself against shafted lawyers, managers, and advisers - yikes!
Jackson is apparently living a much more low key life now, focusing on his kids and allowing them to experience the type of childhood he never got.
In recent appearances Jackson seems ravaged by poor health and emotional frailty.
Why does fame seem to eat some people alive?