This could explain the identical autopsy results!
Investigators working on the cases of Brittany Murphy and husband Simon Monjack are saying that mold found in their home could be a "contributing factor" to their deaths.
When Brittany passed away, sources say that the issue of mold found in her house came up during the investigation, but was later dismissed.
However, when Simon died a few months later, his causes of death were anemia and more specifically, pneumonia - the exact same results as Brittany's autopsy.
And even though prescription medications were found in Simon's blood stream, there wasn't enough to be lethal.
Brittany's mom, Sharon earlier refused to allow the L.A. County Coroner's Office to investigate the mold, however, she has now agreed to Public Health investigators examine the home.
This could explain why Brittany and Simon had respiratory health problems, such as pneumonia, which is a dangerous side effect of being exposed to mold.
[Image via WENN.]
Tags: mold, pneumonia, public health, respiratory problems, sharon murphy, simon monjack