Hey, don't kill the messenger! Send all hate letters to the University of Maryland, where the study was conducted.
A group of researchers in the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the university concluded in their findings that people who admit to watching FOX News for their daily dose of information are sadly and strongly misinformed. What’s more, the study shows that greater exposure to FOX News increases misinformation.
Don't believe us? Let's check with the numbers from the survey. This is a list of what FOX News viewers believe to be true:
* 91 percent believe the stimulus legislation lost jobs
* 72 percent believe the health reform law will increase the deficit
* 72 percent believe the economy is getting worse
* 60 percent believe climate change is not occurring
* 49 percent believe income taxes have gone up
* 63 percent believe the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts
* 56 percent believe Obama initiated the GM/Chrysler bailout
* 38 percent believe that most Republicans opposed TARP
* 63 percent believe Obama was not born in the U.S. (or that it is unclear)
We'll let the numbers speak for themselves in this case, but we should be fair in saying that the statistics for CNN weren't that great either, though they were better than FOX. Of all the outlets, MSNBC rated the highest for accuracy in information.
So, where do U get UR news from? (May want to rethink it now!)
Tags: accuracy, fox, fox news, msnbc, news, politics, study, survey, viewers