Home Videos Photos

Applebee's Course Of Action After Toddler Happy Hour

| Filed under: Icky Icky PooBaby BlabberTacky & TrueSad Sad

Such a shame that this even happened, but we're finding out just what Applebee's is going to do about it!

We let you know earlier that a toddler was accidentally served alcohol instead of apple juice, and was taken to a hospital in Detroit.

First and foremost, they're retraining everyone, nationwide, to make sure everybody is up to date on procedure. After that, they're imposing a new rule that juice be served in single-serving containers (we're guessing bottles or juice boxes) and:

"emphasizing that non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages must be stored in completely separate and identified containers.”

That's definitely a step in the right direction, but we'd like to also know what they're going to do for the family after the scare they put them through! Poor thing had to be taken to the hospital!

Even though the baby ended up being okay, we still feel like this a pretty egregious mistake!

Do U think this is enough??

Tags: , , , , ,

Remembering Robin Williams: July 21, 1951 - August 11, 2014
Celebrity Baby Snaps! Your Favorite Stars Then & Now!
20 Celebs Who Were Homeless
Prince George's 12 Best Memes In Honor Of His First Birthday!
Celebs Who Died Under Bizarre Circumstances!
10 Reality TV Couples Broken Up By The Spotlight!
Email this  »

32 comments to “Applebee's Course Of Action After Toddler Happy Hour”



  1. 1

    Why should they get anything - you have to be one of the dumbest people on the web. You would think they served him acid. I'm sure he LOVED being drunk - who the hell doesn't.



  2. 2

    They should pay all medical costs involved in this horrible mishap. Nothing more.



  3. 3

    Really? The article says a different toddler got drunk off of a Long Island iced tea? Even *I* can't stomach one sip of those…how are we supposed to believe a toddler sucked down an alcoholic drink THAT strong without gagging, vomiting or making a face? I wouldn't put it past some sick parents to pull a stunt at their table so that they could sue for millions.



  4. 4

    If it's happened 3 times in the last 5 years at Applebees, I wonder where else this might be happening? Apparently it's easy to confuse apple juice with alcohol.



  5. 5

    IT HAPPENED BECAUSE OF A HUMAN ERROR! A MISTAKE! BUT OF COURSE IN THIS WHINEY, HYSTERICAL COUNTRY OF OURS SOMEONE HAS TO BE BLAMED AND SOMEONE HAS TO NE SUED! FUK EM ALL! I WONDER WHO THEY CALLED FIRST WHEN IT HAPPENED? THE PARAMEDICS OR THE LAWYER? MY MONEY IS ON THE LAWYER! TWATS!



  6. 6

    the moral of the story is… Dont order your kids apple juice at applebees!!!



  7. 7

    Nice. Some of the workers must be drinking on the job. Good way to hide it and accidentally gets served.



  8. 8

    I don't think it's right to blame the parents. This has obviously happened before. A little boy had a .1 BAC… that's horrible. And it doesn't need to be "that" strong for a 20 lb kid to have that high a BAC.

    I agree that medical costs should be paid - and it's great they're looking into retraining everyone. I hope they're actually taking it seriously.



  9. 9

    Re: CaCaCarKeys – Haha, right?! Stick with milk, or bring it from home :0)

    Re: mattyvoyager – Why do people like you insist on writing all in caps? We get it, you want people to read your comment over the 30 others… It may have been a human error, but one that put the health of a child on the line. Those are the kind that are unacceptable.



  10. 10

    as a mom of a toddler, I have always thought it was weird that they serve juice to kids from the bar containers that they have mixed in with alcoholic drinks. Alcohol or not, it seems sort of gross behind bars. The way they mix the old with the new etc. Single serve is the way to go! I'll pay the extra 50 cents or whatever.



  11. 11

    I agree with checking security cameras, the parents had something to do with this.



  12. 12

    This is freakin stupid. I work at an Applebee's, and you know what folks? The damn applejuice is in a freaking bottle, just like you'd buy in a store with it's own label etc. Now I'm going to have to be freakin "re-trained" because of a stupid mistake in another state…ridiculous.



  13. 13

    Oooh, look at Perez using big words. You ask what are they going to do for the baby's family and then you keep pointing out how it was a M I S T A K E!

    Moron. They should pay the hospital bill and NOTHING more. This happens often at people's home… its not that uncommon for a baby to get into things they shouldn't at home. So, if this family has never once and never ever will make a mistake with their own baby…then fine, they can get all worked up. But we know that is not going to be the case.

    Moving on!!



  14. 14

    "egregious"!? Well that clinches it. You have someone writing for you that is way smarter than you are. You couldn't even spell "egregious", let alone use it correctly in a sentence.



  15. 15

    Re: CLMspartan – BITE ME!



  16. 16

    American's need to eat at their houses more often anyway - and eat good fresh food, not all that processed boxed (LAZY) shit. stop eating out so much……fat fuckin cows…..

    p.s. I'm American.



  17. 17

    Re: WigGuy – Nah, nobody smarter, just someone who cuts and pastes for a living.



  18. 18

    Since when do you know the proper use of the word egregious? Cannot believe you wrote this one, and sure you stole it like the others. You are pathetic



  19. 19

    Pay for the medical bills, and give them some free meals or something. The kid didn't die, and if anything they probably just watched over the kid and give him some medicine in the hospital.



  20. 20

    "egregious" Good for you P! Who helped write this post?? I'm sure not inclined to think you're intelligent enough to have thought that one up all by yerself! Oh, btw … you think they should get some money for this? All American's want to do is SUE SUE SUE!!!



  21. 21

    Re: Brandon Sours – I'm also a server at the Bee's, & I am wondering the same thing. We have bottles of apple juice like you'd buy at the store. & was it poured into a kids' cup? & the alcohol isn't even IN the margarita mix.. they pour it in before? None of this story makes sense really.

    & I definitely think the parents should have noticed the EXTREME difference in colors between margarita and apple juice.



  22. 22

    good for applebees! but the family shouldnt get anything, parents need to take responsibility for their childrens safety outside of the home too, especially a toddler. mistakes are constantly made in restaurants and orders mized up. always make sure you got wut you ordered



  23. 23

    Re: Amanda Meeks – yah, isnt a margarita usually green or something?



  24. 24

    The girl at the end is hilarious… "He got to drink but we didn't… NO FAIR!!!"… lol!!!!!!!!



  25. 25

    Re: msloriga – That's where you're wrong… They are gonna pay through the nose in court… Employee mishap means company liability…



  26. 26

    I know next time I'm going to Applebee's I'm getting an apple juice. They make 'em strong!



  27. 27

    Re: Brandon Sours – Poor baby… my heart bleeds for you…



  28. 28

    I wish that kind of thing would happen to me lol

  29. @v@ says – reply to this


    29

    Yet the adults taking care of him let him drink 'green' apple juice for a whole meal without wondering and checking it? I'd say the error is shared here. His mom and dad are the first line of defense. The waitress is running around elsewhere.



  30. 30

    ATTENTION ALL DUMMIES AND DUMB ASSES!!!!

    on behalf of the family im going to address a few of ur comments

    1st of all to ALL the comments saying "he loved being drunk…hes a drunk or ect,,,,dj isnt exposed to cigarette smoke let alone drinks…u guys should be ashamed of urselfs …his BAL was .1…if he wouldve finished his "pose to be juice" he wouldve died!!
    and to the People BLAMING THE PARENTS!!!
    the couple ARE GREAT PARENTS ….its caps for a reason! and they would NEVER jeopardized their child let alone HIS LIFE!!!
    and how could the parents slip it in their or have something to do with it AND THEIR NOT 21YET!!!! no drink shouldve been delivered to that their table EVERYONE WAS UNDERAGE…let alone a child!!!
    and as FAR AS THE COLOR/BUBBLES…..when its in a KIDS CUP…from a resurant …NOT A SIPPIE CUP….how can the parents NOTICE??? the straw??? no because its for a kid and kids LOVE COLORS!!! so that =colored straw
    TO THE PPL SAYING WHAT SHOULD BE PAID!!will leave the case up to the JUDGE!!!
    WHO CARES ABOUT UR INPUT…..MONEY ISNT GOING TO BRING BACK all the brain cells THAT WERE DAMAGE..

    AND TO THE PPL WHO R PRAYING FEELING BAD OR SAD THANKS FOR UR CONCERN WE THE FAMILY APPRECIATEs IT!!!



  31. 31

    Wow. Its crazy how insensitive all of you are being. This was a child, an innocent child.
    I know the parents of this child and I know for a fact that they wouldn't try to get a lawsuit at the expense of their child. & for all you who commented and said that, maybe that's something you would do. This little boy could've died so I don't find none of this shit funny. If you all wouldve done your research you wouldve known that this same exact thing happened at an Applebee's in California a few years back. So what, were they trying to get a lawsuit also?!



  32. 32

    I think these changes are long overdue. I worked at an Applebee's in Metro Detroit some years ago. Several children were served margarita mix instead of lemonade, because our bar tender was a few fries short of a happy meal. The lemonade and margarita mix were similar colors and stored in similar containers. Thank god our manager noticed before anyone else did.