Two more weeks. Two more weeks and then, season two of Glee will be over.
But they are going out with one hell of a BANG!
The Hollywood Reporter has an EXTENSIVE look at the season finale of Glee in this week's issue. From new pictures from set to a breakdown of the episode's cost ($6 million!!!), the article reads like a Gleek's dream journal into the production of the episode.
We've got all the pictures from the article for you in the gallery (below) and make sure you check them out - especially the two pics of Lea Michele and Chris Colfer at the Gershwin Theater, performing on the same stage that years ago, Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth premiered Wicked on.
And here for your Gleeky pleasure are just a few of the HIGHlights and SPOILERS from the article:
- New York, New York/I Love New York mashup CONFIRMED. Get stoked!
- The song Chris and Lea are singing in the Gershwin? For Good from Wicked! Lea explains: "We feel like we’re Elphaba and Glinda. Chris likes to be called Guylinda, though"
- In one scene, Heather Morris is holding a bunch of balloons and creator Ryan Murphy wants to have her let them free at the end of the scene. The scene is cut because of "littering fines."
- Fans crowding the streets during shooting ranged from 10 to over 200, the latter being in during the Time Square.
- Finn, Rachel, Puck and Lauren will all have a scene at Todd English’s Ça Va Brasserie. Two of them will try to order Manhattans. Guess which two?
- Ryan Murphy on securing Patti Lupone for the finale: “I wouldn’t take no for an answer. Obviously, we talk about her very reverentially, and she agreed to do it because she loves the arts and the show. Patti LuPone is New York to me.”
- Patti actually improvised some of her own lines that may or may not make it into the final cut
- While shooting at Sardis, Lea Michele ALMOST had her portrait done. A waitress had conferred with a manager, but Lea left before anything could be done about it.
Do we even have to say it? Fine then, we shall:
We want it to be May 24th right now - but then again we don't because then the season will be over and we'll have to wait all summer for a new episode!
So fun/sad/exciting/sad all at the same time!!!
What do U think fellow Gleekers? So far, does the finale sound like the dream we all want it to be?