Hugh Grant, one of the biggest names involved in the News of the World hacking scandal, has just won the legal right to see the evidence from the case to see if his voicemail was indeed hacked by the now defunct paper.
A judge at Britain’s High Court said police should disclose information to him that was allegedly gathered by private investigator Glenn Mulcaire and used by the Sunday tabloid and other newspapers.
Grant, who says he was told his phone was broken into by the News of the World, has been one of the most prominent celebrity critics of the 168-year-old tabloid, which was shut down earlier this month amid a widening scandal over its misdeeds.
Congrats on the small victory on your way to a larger one, Hugh! Let's hope that seeing the evidence will clear some things up for you and pave the way for you next move!
[Image via WENN.]
Tags: alleged, celebrity, congrats, court, evidence, hack, judge, legal, police, scandal, voice