What goes on in Vegas most certainly will NOT stay in Vegas here!
Watch it go down (below)!!!
We don't care if this is a joke or not, this is an AWFUL way to perpetuate dangerous, offensive stereotypes!
1. Does he like to dress up nicely? Does he pay close attention to his outfits and brand names?
2. Does he like football?
3. Before he was born did you wish he would be a girl?
4. Has he ever gotten into or participated in a fight?
5. Does he read sports magazines?
6. Does he have a best friend
7. Does he like team sports?
8. Is he prudish/modest?
9. Does he like diva singers?
10. Does he spend a long time in the bathroom
11. Does he have a tongue, nose or ear piercing
12. Does he spend time getting ready before being seen in public?
13. Have you asked yourself questions about your son's sexual orientation?
14. Are you divorced?
15. Does he like musical comedies?
16. Has he introduced you to a girlfriend ever?
17. Is the father (you) very strict or authoritarian with his son?
18. In your family is the father absent?
19. Was he shy as a child?
20. Is he close to his father?
So not only are the questions wrong and bigoted, they also further baseless assumptions that carry no scientific proof about what determines sexual preference! Just what we need!
The creators, Enneme Moi, have since released a statement, which says:
"This app was conceived with a playful approach. It is not based at all on scientific research… Through humor, "Is My Son Gay?" and the forthcoming novel have the sole objective of toning down/improving the situation and helping mothers to accept their sons' homosexuality."
Playful? How will using an app filled with that kind of nonsense make a parent feel comfortable with their child's sexuality? Any parent foolish enough to use that kind of app will clearly not understand that it's an effing joke!
As if this world needs any more ignorance than it already has!
Ugh. Just disgusting.