And we know the name too!
But the biggest news is that the name of the series will be
Shiz is about to get REAL.
Last Saturday, approximately 15,000 to 20,000 Occupy Wall Street protestors occupied Times Square for a New York general assembly, in which they reportedly formed a "Demands Working Group."
The group "established a website and fairly educated/articulated list of solutions," which we're hearing COULD become their national platform. Wow.
"WE, THE NINETY-NINE PERCENT OF THE PEOPLE of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, in order to form a more perfect Union, by, for and of the PEOPLE, shall elect and convene a NATIONAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY beginning on July 4, 2012 in the City Of Philadelphia."
The group's list of
demands suggestions include the following:
- Ban on private contributions to politicians seeking or holding federal office and instead public financing for campaigns
- Constitutional amendment to reverse the Citizens United decision by the Supreme Court
- Single-payer national health care
- immediate passage of the DREAM act
- A Jobs plan
- A deficit reduction plan
- Recalling military personnel at all non-essential bases
We're hearing that it's still not 100% confirmed that the Occupy Wall Street movement as a whole is supporting this, but we're sure more details will come out soon!
[Image via WENN.]