It was ALL about Wahlberg over the long weekend!
Earlier today, we reported that Mark Wahlberg's Contraband brought in $24.1 million this weekend, landing it the #1 spot at the box office ahead of Beauty and the Beast 3D, which earned $18.5 mill and a second place position.
Now, we've learned that Contraband was STILL #1 for the long holiday weekend, and it's brought in a total of $28.8 million for its four days in release! Wowsa!
Beast ended up in 2nd place with $23.5 mill, which is the BEST January opening for an animated film EVER!!!!!
Check out a list of the other top grossing movies for the long weekend AFTER THE JUMP!
What did U see over the 4-day weekend? Team Marky Mark or Team Beast???
1. Contraband - $28.8 million
2. Beauty and the Beast - $23.5 million
3. Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol - $14.2 million, ($189.4 million total box office)
4. Joyful Noise - $13.8 million
5. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - $10.5 million, ($172.1 million total box office)
6. The Devil Inside - $9.2 million, ($47.5 million total box office)
7. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - $8.1 million, ($89.3 million total box office)
8. Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked - $7.8 million, ($120.8 million total box office)
9. War Horse - $7.2 million, ($67.3 million total box office)
10. We Bought a Zoo - $6.8 million, ($65.3 million total box office)
Tags: 1st place, 4 day weekend, beauty and the beast 3d, box office, long weekend, mark wahlberg, number one, release