It was some pretty bad timing for Jay-Z's 40/40 Club when the health inspector came moments after a fridge's motor died.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene cited the club for several health code violations, several of which were about food being stored at the wrong temperatures.
But a rep for the club said that it was all because of that fridge motor that blew right before the inspector arrived. He said the staff never actually intended to serve any of the food from that fridge to customers.
He said the fridge was promptly fixed and the club reopened a day later.
Their health code grade is currently under review.
Maybe if Jay was spending less time with his new daughter and more time doing refrigerator maintenance, he wouldn't have these sort of troubles.
We are OBVIOUSLY joking, btw.
[Image via PNP/WENN.]