The fourth Mission: Impossible flick DOMINATED the box office when it came out…and now the fourth Underworld movie is doing the same!
Over the weekend, Underworld: Awakening landed the #1 spot at the box office with $25.4 million! Wowsa!
Here's what Sony's president of worldwide distribution Rory Bruer had to say about the win, which he largely attributes to Kate Beckinsale's return to the franchise:
"She is such a force. Her character – you just can't take your eyes off of her. I know the character is very dear to her, as well, and she just kills it. The 3-D aspect of the film also brings something, makes it a fun, visceral ride."
Other movies that enjoyed success at the box office this weekend include Red Tails, which surpassed expectations at $19.1 million, and Steven Soderbergh's Haywire, which did better than expected with $9 million earned!
Check out a full list of this weekend's top box office earners AFTER THE JUMP!
What did U see over the weekend? Did U return to the Underworld???
1. Underworld Awakening - $25.4 million
2. Red Tails - $19.1 million
3. Contraband - $12.2 million
4. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close - $10.5 million.
5. Haywire - $9 million.
6. Beauty and the Beast (3-D) - $8.6 million.
7. Joyful Noise - $6.1 million.
8. Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol - $5.5 million.
9. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - $4.8 million.
10. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - $3.75 million
Tags: box office, fourquels, haywire, mission impossible ghost protocol, number one, red tails, steven soderbergh, underworld awakening