Yeah, she probably punched herself in the face or something, right?
Ex-CSI star Gary Dourdan is preparing to go to trial for the domestic abuse case in which his former gal pal and mother to his child, Nicole Vail Cannizzaro, alleges he broke her nose during an altercation.
It's not looking good for the actor since the judge has already issued a three year restraining order last year, then bitched him out for breaking it, but Dourdan is maintaining his innocence.
He left an El Lay courtroom on Thursday with a smile on his face because the case will be presented before a jury where he hopes to present his side of the story and prove Cannizzaro made "a false claim." Dourdan explained his situation to sources outside the courthouse, saying:
"I have been waiting a long time and I haven't had a voice. It has been rough, but [the public needs to get] all the right stuff. I did not do this."
His story is that on the night in question, he had custody of his son and arrived home to find the boy was missing. He "panicked" and went on the hunt, only to find that Cannizzaro took him to a nearby Whole Foods. Dourdan placed his son in a cab, but pushed his mother away when she tried to enter as well.
After arriving home, the former television star alleges that Cannizzaro broke into his house through the garage and began tossing power tools around. We're not sure if Dourdan is implying she injured herself or not, but his lawyer says that she sought out a personal injury lawyer after the incident and "we think that says a lot."
Hmm…inneresting. For now, he's innocent until proven guilty, but the trial is scheduled to commence on June 1.
[Image via WENN.]
Tags: actor, cbs, court room, csi, domestic abuse, el lay, gary dourdan, girlfriend, nicole vail cannizzaro, restraining order, son, television