This is a perfect example of why we wish people wouldn't carry guns around!
A 56-year-old man with a permit to carry a concealed firearm accidentally allowed it to fire into his butt during a screening of The Bourne Legacy in a Sparks, Nevada movie theater.
Nobody else was hurt during the incident on Tuesday night, but we imagine some people were pretty terrified when they heard that pop!
He reportedly stood up, apologized for the scare and ran out to seek medical treatment.
Cops arrived on the scene after the suspect had disappeared and later found him at the hospital. He explained that the weapon fell out of his pocket and discharged when it hit the floor.
We understand he was carrying it for protection, but does anyone else see a problem here?
What if this clumsy guy dropped his gun and it fired off into the direction of an innocent bystander? This story could have turned tragic real fast!
For now, the unnamed man is cooperating with police, but may eventually be charged with illegally discharging a firearm. At the very least, he should have that permit to carry a concealed weapon revoked!
[Image via Universal Pictures.]