Amy Winehouse may have passed away close to two years ago, but it has taken some time to officially determine why she died so young.
After having her cause of death ruled as accidental alcohol poisoning, a second inquest was recently requested as it was determined the original coroner on the job was not qualified for that role.
Now, it has been confirmed the soulful singer died due to accidental alcohol poisoning when she resumed drinking after a time of abstinence.
Our heart is breaking all over again for her and her loved ones.
Coroner Shirley Radcliffe made the ruling that stated:
“[Amy Winehouse] voluntarily consumed alcohol; a deliberate act that took an unexpected turn and led to her death.”
Such a sad, sad end to her life.
Along with the confirmation, it was also determined she had a blood alcohol level five times the legal driving limit which can prove fatal. The alcohol likely affected her central nervous system which caused her to pass away.
We hope Amy’s family now has peace with their daughter’s passing.
[Image via WENN.]
Tags: accident, alcohol, alcohol poisoning, amy winehouse, confirmed, coroner, coroners office, death, died, drinking, official, passed away, passing, quote, sad, singer