Anzor Tsarnaev has been speaking with ABC News from his home in Makhachkala while the Boston police continue their fight to capture Suspect #2 — Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
Anzor urges his 19-year-old son to surrender peacefully, but warns of what's to come if he dies.
He said he was worried about them when he heard about the bombings, so he talked to his sons earlier in the week, saying:
"We talked about the bombing. I was worried about them. [They reassured him, saying] "everything is good, Daddy. Everything is very good."
Insisting their innocence, he made a plea for Dzhokhar to surrender:
"Give up. Give up. You have a bright future ahead of you. Come home to Russia."
Dzhokhar apparently stood out in high school for taking advanced placement courses and being a star athlete. His classmate Sierra Schwartz says he never seemed strange at all:
"This is not someone who seemed troubled in high school or shy. He was just one of us. It's very weird."
And though his father begs for his peaceful surrender, he also warned ABC News that:
"If they killed him, then all hell would break loose."
As we previously reported, older brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev was wounded in the shootout and died of his injury at the hospital. The manhunt, which has consumed all of Friday morning, has reached extreme levels of suspense as Dzhokhar is believed to be inside of a house in Watertown, with police surrounding him.
More to come…
[Image via BPD.]
Tags: bombing, boston, dead, dzhokhar tsarnaev, explosions, father, manhunt, suspects, terrorism, warning