Ch-ch-check out the tweets (below)!
[Image via Jason Merritt/Getty Images.]
They say smoking is a deadly habit, but in this unusual case it might be the reason Jim Walpole is still breathing!
The 77-year-old American was traveling through Canada with his wife last week when he tripped in the street, fell on some scaffolding, and BADLY cut his throat!!
Miraculously, John Malkovich was smoking outside of his Toronto hotel so he witnessed the entire scary accident unfold!
The 59-year-old Red star rushed over to the bloody scene and acted like an action flick hero!!
“I believe [John] was having a cigarette and witnessed the whole thing happening, he placed his hand and started applying pressure to the man’s neck didn’t let go until the ambulance arrived."
We don't condone smoking — it's a dangerous addiction and it makes your breath smell — but who knows what might've happened if John been chewing a stick of Nicorette inside the hotel lobby instead.
Mr. Walpole, for one, is especially happy the two-time Oscars nominee was there!
“I’m forever grateful to him, he really helped me out.”
And here you thought being John Malkovich was all fun & games!!
The Con Air star is a true American hero!
[Image via WENN.]