We're still speechless after learning of Cory Monteith's sad and untimely passing, but Canadian law enforcement officials finished his autopsy on Monday and are working hard to figure out exactly what happened and why!
Sources close to the tragic situation previously said “numerous amounts of alcohol” and other unknown substances were found in the Glee star's Vancouver hotel room, but now we're learning there weren't any illegal drugs found at the scene.
While Cory suffered through his share of past substance abuse issues, Vancouver PD's Sgt. Randy Fincham says, so far, nothing indicates his death was related to illicit drug use.
Of course, just because cops didn't find any hard evidence at the scene doesn't mean drugs weren't an issue!!
It's possible perfectly legal prescription drugs played a factor, or it's possible illegal drugs were ingested somewhere else and that's why there are no traces in his hotel room.
At any rate, we won't have a definitive answer on what killed the 31-year-old actor until the toxicology reports come back later this week.
Regardless, there's a Cory-shaped hole in all of our hearts and we already miss him tremendously.
Our thoughts and well-wishes continue to go out to his family, cast-mates, friends, fans, and Lea Michele.
UPDATE: According to local law enforcement, Cory's autopsy was successfully completed on Monday.
B.C. Coroner Services spokeswoman Barb McLintock said:
“[The autopsy] was done today, and that included taking samples for toxicology.”
Initial results are expected as early as Tuesday, but additional tests may be ordered should those results prove inconclusive. Cory's family will be the first to receive notification of any breakthroughs in the case.
[Image via WENN.]
Tags: alcohol, autopsy, cause of death, cory monteith, dead, drugs, glee, lea michele, r.i.p., sad sad, substance abuse, toxicology, vancouver