It isn't surprising news, but we're also not jumping to anything until we hear it from the authorities.
It is being reported that “numerous amounts of alcohol” and other unknown substances were apparently found in Cory Monteith’s Fairmont Pacific Hotel room, though cause of death has yet to be determined.
While we know the Glee star was out in Vancouver with some friends Friday night, a source revealed:
"Yes, he had recently been drinking alcohol, but not to the extent there was any alcohol poisoning kind of impact.”
A bottle of wine was reportedly found, though it’s a custom of the hotel to greet guests with such a gift.
Meanwhile, another source revealed that investigators are looking into the details of the other substances "just in case he also had an underlying medical condition” or “if there were any contributing factors, such as a heart condition."
Cory’s toxicology report has been expedited — the results of which should be ready within the next couple days.
[Image via Try CW/WENN.]
Tags: alcohol, cory monteith, cory monteith death, drugs, glee, r.i.p., sad sad, tv news