sorting hat crown has chosen its new wearer! And the winner of the Miss America 2014 is…
Miss New York, Nina Davuluri!!! AMURICA, F*CK YEAH!
Without further ado, here are the 5 essential things you need to know about madam USA, who is the first winner of Indian descenet:
1. She wants to be a doctor! Nina is using the $50,000 scholarship to go to med school, just like her father! Well, not that her father won the Miss America competition scholarship. That'd be inneresting though…
2. Her favorite place to travel is Egypt! Sure, it's little turbulent over there right now, but who doesn't like walking like an Egyptian?
3. She bangra, she bangra! Oh how she bangra! Nina performed an AH-mazing Bollywood dance that brought down the house in the talent competition!
4. She likes making Wiener jokes, the political and not the anatomical kind, which made her intro pretty, and topically, HIGHlarious:
“Be careful of the pictures you tweet in my state! Here to win the race I’m Nina Davuluri, Miss New York!”
5. She's making her first official service commitment to Seaside Heights, New Jersey, an area of the Jersey Shore hit hard by Hurricane Sandy.