You may live for the applause or you may insist that others hear you roar, but if you are a Gleek, no matter what team you belong to, you were cheering for last night's Glee.
Following the last episode before the hiatus, Glee was in dire need of some fun and frivolity. Last night's episode delivered with not only a great setlist of songs, but with the musical talents of Demi Lovato and Adam Lambert.
Oh… also, Chord Overstreet and Darren Criss were shirtless for like, 40% of the episode. Sure, it made the other 60% practically unwatchable, buuuuuuuut that's what the fast forward button is for later.
True to form, not too much plot development went down in McKinely till the last 20 mins or so — but then, oh boy, did the show deliver with a reignited feud and a cheating scandal! Wooo!
Wanna find out who hit the sheets behind who's back? And how Glambert fared on his trip to Gleeland?
Then check out our recap, fresh out the oven, filled with delectable GIFs for you to devour!
WARNING: WE'VE GOT THE EYE OF A TIGER, BUT IF YOUR EYES DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED BY LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND TAKE YOUR WIDE AWAKE SELF AWAY FROM THIS HERE RECAP POST OF OURS.
Katy Versus… Wait, Huh?
This week in Lima, Will Schuester plucked an assignment out of the air which essentially pit the more "vanilla" students against the "not-so-vanilla" students and asked them to tap into a side of themselves they weren't terribly comfortable with. Except instead of vanilla and not-so-much being used as personality adjectives, pop performers Katy Perry and Lady GaGa were substituted. Umm… we don't know where Schue's been all of Katy's career, but if releasing a song called "I Kissed A Girl" as your first single and wearing a whip cream bra for two years is considered tame, then lock us up!
Anyway, the club divided into two camps and did both artist's justice with some performances of their latest hits. But all you really need to know about this storyline is the following: Sam got in good with Nurse Penny after it was revealed they loved the same kind of music…. and in an effort to prove that to her, he was shirtless almost the whole episode. PRAISE!
BUT THEN IT GETS BETTER! OH IT GETS SO MUCH BETTER! Then, DARREN CRISS JOINS IN!!!!
Sorry, are we really expected to finish this recap after that sight? Yes? Fine! But only because we know we can scroll back up to this!
Cheater, Cheater, Cheerios Eater!
Sorry! Had to go there!
McKinely's new power couple, Marly and Jake, are headed into rough, rough waters. It became very clear, very quickly that Jake is ready to take the Jarley romance to the next level. Marley, on the other hand, is steadfast to keep her virtue and is quite content to keep their cotton candy love affair sweet without being sinful. This doesn't sit well with Jake and when he doesn't get what he wants from her, he makes the ultimate "penisflytrap" move (thanks, Unique!) and hooks up with Sue's new Cheerio spy, Bree.
No, this will in no way end well from them.
Speaking of Sue, she's got her eye set on destroying the Glee club again. Motive aside (namely because we can't name it), it brought out the insatiable and satisfying sarcastic side of Sue we've grown to love so much!
A Starchild is Born
But now, what you really want to talk about… because it's what we really want to talk about: The New York crew.
Yes, there were not one but two mentions of Finn as the focused shifted to Rachel, Kurt and Dantana. And yes, it was very sad. But aside from that, Kurt decides he's ready for his own piece of the fame pie. Rachel has her lead in a Broadway show, Santana has a national commercial… only one thing left for him to do: start a band!
Now, seeing as right up front he has himself and Dantana for vocals, naturally he holds auditions for some musicians to supply the instrumentals to their vocals. Oh,wait, no… they just kind of materialize. But he does hold auditions for yet another vocalist, which is where Adam Lambert aka Starchild/Elliot shows up. And he KILLS it with Marry the Night. But it takes Kurt sometime to warm up to this flamboyant, vocal flouncer from Paramus, NJ, Land of Malls.
But by episodes end, he, Starchild/Elliot, Dantana and yes, even Rachel Berry, join forces to create an all-powerful vocal machine called… Pamela Lansbury.
You can just see that name in lights now, huh? LOL! Hey, who cares! It's going to make for some AMAZING cover songs with that amount of talent grouped in one place. If you haven't heard Demi's solo in Roar yet, you're in for a treat!!
And that, as they say in the biz, is that.
Next week… KURT IS SHIRTLESS!!! AND HE GETS A TATTOO!!!
Tags: adam lambert, cheating, darren criss, demi lovato, episode, every glee-tail, glee, katy perry, lady gaga, lea michele, naya rivera, scandal, shirtless, sweet, tv news