Umm, this is NOT what we were expecting from TLC.
Check out the official statement (below)!
[Image via TLC.]
This sad story is proving just how horrible addiction can be for a person.
Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead in his New York apartment this weekend, and it's clearly looking like an overdose was the reason.
But while heroin seems to be the main culprit, that wasn't the extent of his addiction. He was reportedly also found with methocarbamol (muscle relaxer), hydroxyzine (anti-anxiety), Vyvanse (ADHD), buprenorphine, and clonidine hydrochloride (blood pressure) at his place.
Those prescriptions are used to treat addiction, ADHD, and anxiety. It's unknown at this time whether or not he had prescriptions for those pills.
We hope this tragedy will help others struggling with addiction to seek the help they need.
[Image via WENN.]