Home Videos Photos

Middle School Student's iPhone Bursts Into Flames In Her Pocket! Get The Cellularly Scary & Smokey Deets HERE!!!

| Filed under: Wacky, Tacky & TrueScary!GIFsNews

iphone fire

Siri must've been pissssed at this innocent girl!

We kid, we kid - but only because we know this little 8th grader is okay and in great health!

A middle school student in Kennebunk, Maine suffered second-degree burns on Friday when an iPhone caught fire in her pants pocket just before class.

…And we thought old folks were the only people thinking technology was an evil thing! LOLz!

The 14-year-old student heard a pop coming from the two-month-old Apple iPhone 5C, and knew something was immediately wrong.

Jeff Rodman, principal of the Middle School of the Kennebunks, revealed:

“Immediately, smoke starts billowing from around the student. She knew right away something was wrong and, in a panic, knew her pants were on fire caused by the cellphone.”

The now charred iPhone gave the victim burns on one thigh and her back - before her pants were removed and she was taken to the hospital for treatment.

Good news is, she's made a full recovery!

No word on why the phone caught fire in the first place, but fires usually aren't good for business.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

The Top Earning Actresses In TV!
Top Ten Reasons In GIFs Why Jennifer Lawrence Is Better For Chris Martin Than Gwyneth Paltrow!
The 15 Worst Runway Trips, Falls & Tumbles: GIF'd Proof That NYFW Models Don't Have It Easy!
10 Disney Movies That Had Surprising Plot Points Dropped In Rewrites!
SCARY! Celebrities Who've Had Near-Death Experiences!
Bootylicious Beyoncé - 25 Best Booty Poppin Shots Of Queen Bey!
Email this  »

5 comments to “Middle School Student's iPhone Bursts Into Flames In Her Pocket! Get The Cellularly Scary & Smokey Deets HERE!!!”



  1. 1

    my co-worker's sister-in-law makes $68 every hour on the laptop . She has been without a job for 8 months but last month her paycheck was $16610 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Look At This,,,,,,,,, WWW.dub30.ℂOM



  2. 2

    This happened to me as well. I could have got more out of it as it burnt my hair off but I just asked them to replace my phone — which they promptly did. Its rare but unfortunately it does happen. Thankfully only my hair got burnt and not my flesh but it was terrifying.



  3. 3

    Re: niki9doors – Wow that is scary, glad you are OK.

  4. Dan says – reply to this


    4

    I hope she cashes in. She could potentially be set for life.



  5. 5

    My Galaxy phone reminds me to turn it off occasionally, and I do. They say it's for power saving, but I think overheating too.