We still can't believe the news of Peaches Geldof and her tragic passing. The world has truly lost a bright, beautiful young girl.
Both her father, Bob Geldof, and her husband, Thomas Cohen, have released extremely sad statements confirming her death & how heavily her passing has affected them.
Peaches was a prominent British journalist & socialite, so it's not uncommon that you, Perezicious readers, may not be too familiar with who she was.
So, if you want to learn more about who Peaches was during her short life then ch-ch-check it out…AFTER THE JUMP!!!
1. Peaches was a British socialite who grew up in the public eye.
2. Her father was Bob Geldof, singer of the Boomtown Rats & well known activist, & her mother was Paula Yates, a well-known British journalist.
3. Her mother died of an overdose in 2000 & Peaches was incredibly affected by it.
4. She has two sisters, Fifi Trixibelle Geldof and Pixie Geldof, & one half sister, Tiger Lily Hutchence Geldof.
5. She had two beautiful baby boys with her current husband Thomas Cohen. Their full names are: Astala Dylan Willow Geldof-Cohen & Phaedra Bloom Forever Cohen.
6. She had written articles for Elle Girl, The Guardian, & The Daily Telegraph.
7. Peaches was also a well-known model in the fashion world.
8. She had gotten into trouble in the fall of 2013 for naming the women involved in the Ian Watkins lawsuit who were supposed to remain anonymous.
9. Like Kourtney Kadashian and a slew of other celebrities, Peaches was an advocate of attachment parenting.
10. She was 11 when her mother passed away and it greatly affected her. She spoke to Elle about her struggles with the ordeal back in 2013.
"I remember the day my mother died, and it’s still hard to talk about it. I just blocked it out.. I didn’t grieve. I didn’t cry at her funeral…I couldn't express anything because I was numb to it all. I don’t blame her, I’m not angry with her, I understand her. I honestly understand what she was going through."
[Image via WENN/Peaches Geldof/Instagram.]
Tags: anglophilia, baby, back, beautiful, british, celebrities, died, elle, fashion, husband, instagram, lawsuit, model, mother, overdose, parenting, passed away, peaches geldof, public, r.i.p., sad sad, singer, sisters