[Image via WENN.]
A 24-Year-Old Girl Who Collapsed At Coachella Has Died After Apparently Overdosing On Drugs & Alcohol
When Bay Area beauty Kimchi Truong traveled to Indio, CA last weekend to attend what has arguably become the world's most popular music festival, we doubt her friends and family ever fathomed the possibility that she might never return.
Unfortunately, they were wrong.
The 24-year-old girl collapsed at Coachella last Saturday, apparently as a result of overdosing on drugs and alcohol. Though she was quickly treated at nearby medical facilities and eventually rushed to John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital, doctors were ultimately unable to save her.
After later being transferred to Desert Regional Medical Center, Kimchi was pronounced dead on Thursday.
Investigators say it all started Saturday night/Sunday morning when she collapsed at a music tent. She was treated there by medical personnel, and later became unresponsive at the venue's taxi pick-up area. From there she was rushed to the hospital.
While coroners are still waiting for the results of the official toxicology report, it's being considered an apparent overdose.
Festival promoter Goldenvoice offered this statement:
“We are saddened to learn the individual has died. We believe this to be an unfortunate but isolated incident. Our thoughts and condolences are with the family and friends.”
We sincerely hope this is an isolated incident!!
Our thoughts go out to Kimchi and her loved ones. Hopefully there is no more tragedy at this weekend's festivities!
[Image via KTLA.]