An announcement could come as soon as Thursday, so be ready for more updates as more is revealed.
It looks like Sony will not be putting out The Interview at all.
In a statement, the studio said:
[Image via Sony Pictures.]
How's this for a sequel?
Not only are Bryan Singer and his peeps hellbent on clearing his name after recent rape allegations were levied against him, but they plan to follow that up with a lawsuit of their very own!
Michael Egan, the alleged victim, and his attorney recently came forward alleging that Bryan drugged and raped him multiple times over a decade ago.
The X-Men director's attorney, on the other hand, says those claims are patently untrue. In fact, given the timing involved, they've gone so far as to label it a publicity stunt!
"The claims made today about Bryan Singer are completely fabricated. We look forward to our bringing a claim for malicious prosecution against Mr. Egan and his attorney after we prevail. It is obvious that plaintiff’s attorney is not looking to litigate the case on its merits. This matter is nothing more than the attorney seeking to get his 15 minutes of fame by sending out a press release with his ‘media consultant’ yesterday and following up with a press conference today. Attorneys who try cases don’t hold press conferences.”
As we told you earlier, Bryan now says he has proof that he wasn't even in Hawaii when these crimes allegedly took place.
We'll keep you updated at we learn more!
[Image via WENN.]