Check out the hilarious exchange (below)!
[Image via WENN.]
It's been a while, Monica Lewinsky! If we're doing the math correctly, ten years to be exact.
A lot can happen in a decade, including penning the perfect piece to share with the world on your side of one of America's most publicized scandals.
SRSLY! What she's got to say will get you really excited! Just stay away from any blue dresses when you're reading this!
1. She was suicidal after the scandal!
In the piece she writes that her mother had to always keep an eye on her following all the humiliation of 1998:
"The shame, the scorn, and the fear that had been thrown at her daughter left her afraid that I would take my own life—a fear that I would be literally humiliated to death.”
2. Her affair with President Bill Clinton was completely consensual (he didn't threaten to invade her borders, or anything):
"Sure, my boss took advantage of me, but I will always remain firm on this point: it was a consensual relationship. Any ‘abuse’ came in the aftermath, when I was made a scapegoat in order to protect his powerful position….The Clinton administration, the special prosecutor’s minions, the political operatives on both sides of the aisle, and the media were able to brand me. And that brand stuck, in part because it was imbued with power.”
3. Despite rumors to the contrary, she was not paid off by the Clintons to keep her near decade long silence:
"[T]he buzz in some circles has been that the Clintons must have paid me off; why else would I have refrained from speaking out? I can assure you that nothing could be further from the truth.”
4. Monica turned down a job offer for $10 million…no, not that type of job:
“I turned down offers that would have earned me more than $10 million, because they didn’t feel like the right thing to do.”
5. Her current goal is to “is to get involved with efforts on behalf of victims of online humiliation and harassment and to start speaking on this topic in public forums.”
[Image via Mark Seliger/Vanity Fair.]