Kylie Jenner is sticking up for her dad!!
Check out the tweets (below)!
[Image via Instagram.]
We're learning many more details about the teenage student who police say was the lone gunman in an Oregon school shooting this week. Below, find all of the latest details on Jared Michael Padgett and this tragic event:
- he was only 15 years old, born November 28, 1998.
- he was a freshman at Reynolds High School in Troutdale, Oregon.
- came from a large Mormon family. Jared served as a deacon in his church.
- his father and mother split up 4 to 5 year ago when Kristina Padgett filed for divorce from her husband, Michael Padgett. Michael was given full custody of his son.
- he had aspirations of joining the military, just like his older brother, Lucas, who served in Afghanistan.
- Jared was a member of the Junior ROTC program at school.
- during the first semester, JROTC students were required to wear either the combat uniform or a dress uniform on Wednesdays. But Jared often wore his combat uniform every day of the week.
- was said to be fascinated with guns.
- was known by his classmates as a quiet student.
- was described by neighbors as being “normal.”
- a conflict at school happened recently while Jared was giving a book report on an Adolf Hitler text. Other students in the class disagreed with Jared's presentation and he raised his voice at them.
- his Facebook page shows he “liked” the first-person shooter video games Area 51, Halo 4, and Call of Duty.
- he also “liked" the Benchmade Knife Co., the Karambit Tactical Knives Co., and the Remington Arms Co., as well as a U.S. Military page, an M4 assault rifles page, and an anti-Obama group’s page.
- came to school with a green duffel bag and black guitar case on the day of the shooting. It’s believed that inside was an AR-15-type assault rifle, a handgun, and several magazines of ammunition.
- students on the bus asked Jared what was in the bag and guitar case and he told them it was for, “a school performance.”
- Jared’s unsuspecting sister Chelsea Cooper posted on Facebook about the Reynolds High shooting, saying: "Praying for everyone at Reynolds! My little brother is still there and I'm freakin out! I hate being states away. So stressful.”
- She later added: "no one has heard from [Jared] so far.” and, "They keep saying the shooter is dead but I wanna know who it is!!! I'm so stressed right now.”
- authorities say the weapons came from Jared’s home.
- the guns were secure but Jared was able to get them out anyway.
- the shooting occurred inside the boy's locker room, in the gym detached from the main school building.
- police say Jared shot and killed fellow freshman student Emilio Hoffman (below), 14, and shot and wounded teacher Todd Rispler.
- Officials believe Padgett was putting on his vest and camouflage helmet when Hoffman walked in on him.
- Rispler (below) is being credited with alerting the rest of the school about Jared and putting it into lockdown. The police responded soon after.
- Jared encountered the police in a school hallway and exchanged gunfire with them. He fled to a nearby bathroom where he was later found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
- three people were killed during a 2012 mall shooting in the Portland area at the Clackamas Town Center. Jared’s family lived close by.