We're pretty sure this star-studded split is going to have people picking sides.
And now we're getting a little look at their rocky relationship!
[Image via Brain To/WENN.]
Dead Men DO Tell Tales…just a couple years from now!
We like our tides strange, but we can't wait to get on stranger tides on July 7, 2017, savvy?
Sure, it's three years away, but if you want to see Johnny Depp as Captain Jack in Pirates of the Caribbean5 (which at one point was named Dead Men Tell No Tales), at least there's a date you can look forward to.
A date involving Johnny Depp? Yo ho!
The last Pirates film that was released, On Stranger Tides, came out in theaters in 2011! 6 years is a long time for Jack to be not sailing the Seven Seas!
1. Sure, there had been some script issues, but guess what…Johnny Depp is back! That could make all our scribe concerns disappear into the mist, just like the Black Pearl.
2. Guess who else has stowed away onboard! Joining Johnny in the cast is none other than returning cast members Goeffrey Rush and Keith Richards! Also rumored to be joining the motley crew is Christoph Waltz! We just said "Gutentag" to our talent boner, which is at full mast over Christoph.
3. The film will be shot in Puerto Rico and New Orleans! We cannot wait to see what kind of trouble ole Cap'n Jack gets himself in!
4. The directors of Kon-Tiki Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg are at the helm of the project!
5. The screenwriter of Catch Me If You Can, Jeff Nathanson, will be doing the scribe's work on this project. Let us hope it is better than Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which he also wrote. For this project, the pen is mightier than the sword, because wthout Jeff's pen, there'd be no swords to film!