There's no event like waiting for a Taylor Swift album to drop!
With the popstar's highly anticipated album on the horizon, it's impossible to think about anything else BUT 1989! Especially since Shake It Off is playing on every radio station!
Well, hopefully these little tidbits about T-Swizzle's next album will hold you over until October 27th when the album actually comes out!
So, here are five secrets about the album as told by Tay Tay herself!
1. The album is based around her New York experience and conquering the concert jungle:
"I was so intimidated by this city for so long. It's so big, with so many people. I thought I would never be able to make it here, because I wasn't something enough — bold enough, brave enough to take on this huge city in all of its blaring honesty. And then at a certain point I just thought, 'I'm ready.'"
2. Taylor reveals there's going to be a LOT of Max Martin on the album. He's the Swedish pop king who's responsible for multiple pop hits in the past 15 years!
"I used to talk about Max Martin like he was this sorcerer who lived in a castle on a hill. And then one time Scott [Borchetta, the head of her label] said to me, ‘You know…you can work with him if you want to.' I was like, What?!"
3. Taylor and Jack Antonoff of fun. are friends first, writing partners second. The two had a crazy bonding moment over an '80s pop group, so her whole album will certainly have that '80s pop vibe to it!
4. Apparently one of the songs from 1989 came straight from Taylor's journals while another one sounds like it could've been written straight from Taylor's own thoughts!
Jack dished about the song he co-wrote with Tay, Out of the Woods, and said:
"The thing I love about that song is parts of it reads like a diary, and parts of it read like something 100,000 people should be screaming all together. It's got these very big lines that everybody can relate to, which are given weight by her being really honest about personal things."
5. 1989 is essentially a mash up of the experimental pop music that came from that very year!
"It was a very experimental time in pop music. People realized songs didn't have to be this standard drums-guitar-bass-whatever. We can make a song with synths and a drum pad. We can do group vocals the entire song. We can do so many different things. And I think what you saw happening with music was also happening in our culture, where people were just wearing whatever crazy colors they wanted to, because why not? There just seemed to be this energy about endless opportunities, endless possibilities, endless ways you could live your life. And so with this record, I thought, 'There are no rules to this. I don't need to use the same musicians I've used, or the same band, or the same producers, or the same formula. I can make whatever record I want.'"
Well, with all of that being said and done we simply cannot wait for this masterpiece to make its debut!!
[Image via Pacific Coast News Online.]
Tags: 1989, five things you need to know, music, music minute, need to know, new album, rolling stone, taylor swift, upcoming, waiting