This is the most wonderful thing we've heard all week.
[Image via Dennis Van Tine/Future Image/WENN.]
Last night's Season five premiere of The Walking Dead was filled with action, violence and did we mention, a hell of a lot of blood?!
Seriously, we're still not over that throat-slashing opening scene and how bad-ass Carol was! But in the midst of all the walker-killing, there were some MAJOR blink-and-you'll-miss-it moments peppered in.
Did you recognize the blasts from the past in this episode? You didn't? Well, don't worry because we've got all the moments you may have missed right here!
1. The first person bludgeoned and killed at the Terminus trough is none other than Sam. Viewers were introduced to Sam and his hippie girlfriend Ana in Season 4 when Rick and Carol went on a supply run. After volunteering to find supplies, Ana was eaten by walkers that episode, and Sam's fate was unknown — until now. If Sam looks familiar, it's because actor Robin Lord Taylor stars in another comic book-inspired show. He plays Oswald Cobblepot aka The Penguin on Gotham.
2. Cameras briefly panned to the body on the butcher table, which was revealed to be Alex. Alex was the Terminus resident who was accidentally shot in the head in last season's finale. His body was being cut up to be used as food. It was also revealed that Terminus leader Gareth is his brother and Mary aka the Terminus chef is his mother.
Speaking of Mary, sharp-eyed viewers will recognize actress Denise Crosby aka Tasha Yar from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
3. Here's another sci-fi reference. Michonne's make-shift double-sided staff was inspired by the dual lightsaber from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.
4. When Glenn tells Rick to free the victims in the other box car, a deranged bearded man emerges before getting bitten in the neck. He is the same man at the end-of-episode flashback, one of the group that raped and pillaged Terminus.
5. If your DVR stopped recording right at the hour, you may have missed the final scene where a masked man walks towards Terminus. He was revealed to be Morgan, the man who saved Rick's life all the way back in Season 1.
Rick ran into a psychologically broken Morgan (who was mourning the death of his son) again in season 3, and by the looks of things, he's feeling a lot better now. What did you think of The Walking Dead season premiere?
[Image via AMC.]