On Monday, it was ruled that The Patriot actress, Skye McCole Bartusiak, died from an accidental overdose.
The 21 year old actress tragically passed away in her sleep back in July, but the reason for her untimely death was never confirmed until now.
[ Related: The Patriot Actress Skye McCole Bartusiak Has Died At Age 21 ]
A source at the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences explained:
"The exact cause of death is an accident due to the combined effects of hydrocodone and difluoroethane with carisoprodol."
In simpler terms, the results of the autopsy means that Skye most likely overdosed on a cocktail of painkillers, muscle relaxants, and inhalants found in common household products.
Though it was previously speculated by Skye's mother that her daughter died from an epileptic seizure, it sadly appears not to be the case.
We send our condolences to Skye's family and we wish her loved ones the best.
[Image via Margery Epstein/WENN.]
Tags: accidental, actress, child star, death, drugs, huffing, overdose, painkillers, r.i.p., sad sad, skye mccole bartusiak, texas