Wow, this just makes us mad.
According to a New York State agency, doctors who performed the procedure that ultimately led to the death of Joan Rivers messed up by not following the proper procedure before administering a huge amount of the anesthetic Propofol.
According to the Department of Health and Human Services, there was no record at the Yorkville Endoscopy Center of the staff ever weighing Joan before they administered the Propofol.
Meanwhile a computer at the clinic has it recorded that the late comedienne was administered a huge dose, and a staff member admitted that she made a mistake entering the dosage, and input more than double the amount that should have been given to Joan.
According to the report, Joan's personal doctor, Gwen Korovin, entered the operating room without the required authorization, and then performed a laryngoscopy, despite the fact that Joan only consented to an upper endoscopy procedure.
According to the Department, Gwen also asked the staff to take a selfie, and that the doctors were completely oblivious as Joan's oxygen levels plummeted.
It's so sad that Joan's death could have been avoided. Our hearts continue to go out to her family and friends during this tough time.
[Image via WENN.]
Tags: cause, death, dosage, huge, joan rivers, medicine, not, procedure, proper, propofol, r.i.p., sad sad