This was a very illuminating interview.
For the past two weeks, America has been enthralled with the molestation scandal surrounding Josh Duggar from 19 Kids and Counting.
That's why Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar's first public interview with Megyn Kelly on FOX News Wednesday night was such a milestone in the unfolding family drama.
[ LIVE BLOG: Megyn Kelly's FOX News Interview With The Duggars! ]
The anchor sat down with the conservative couple in their own home. The Duggars explained how they protected their children after Josh confessed to touching his sisters, who they think is out to get them, and what's next if their TLC show gets cancelled.
It's a pretty maddening hour of television, especially when the Duggars believe the fact that their secret getting leaked is a worse offense than a brother molesting his sisters…
Ch-ch-check out the top five takeaways from the sit down (below)!!!
1. Jim Bob admits that Josh told them about touching his sisters on three separate occasions before they took him out of the house, and that the incidents included both above-the-clothes and under-the-clothes contact. The breaking point was when Josh touched his youngest sister, who was only five-years-old at the time.
2. Not once do Jim Bob or Michelle refer to Josh as a "molester." In fact, when Megyn asks them what he is, they quickly deny that he is a pedophile, claiming he was an underage "child preying on a child."
3. The parents had no idea that the one and only cop they brought Josh to ended up being a child pornographer. It was years after that they found out about his incarceration. They also assert that they think his admission in prison that he knew about one of the incidents was to perhaps get a plea deal of some kind.
4. Jim Bob and Michelle are not concerned over the fate of 19 Kids and Counting. They feel they had, and continue to have, nothing to hide since the records were supposed to be sealed. They also believe they will be able to happily enjoy their lives with or without the reality TV show.
5. Michelle believes that the fact that the files were leaked is a worse crime than her son's molestation acts. The Duggars also believe that people are out to get them because of their family values.
But if there is any silver lining, it's that the family knows that God will use all of this gigantic scandal for good.
Let us know what U thought about the interview in the comments (below)!!!
Tags: fox news, jim bob duggar, josh duggar, legal matters, megyn kelly, michelle duggar, reality tv, the duggars, the kelly file