Home Videos Photos Shop
PerezHilton CocoPerez Kim K. Ariana Grande Miley Taylor Swift PerezTV

Lamar Odom's Friend Jamie Sangouthai DID NOT Die From An Overdose — A Flesh Eating Disease Caused By Drug Use Is To Blame

| Filed under: DrugsR.I.P.Khloe KardashianSad SadLamar OdomInstagram

lamar odom friend did not od

As we previously reported, Lamar Odom's longtime friend Jamie Sangouthai passed away on Sunday.

However, it seems that Jamie did not die from an overdose as it was initially thought — rather he passed from a flesh eating disease caused by drug use.

[ Related: The Kardashians Worry Jamie's Death May Cause Lamar To Use Drugs ]

The disease, necrotizing fasciitis, is a bacterial skin infection that can be caused by using dirty needles with IV drug abuse. The coroner reports that the disease can spread quickly and often becomes life threatening.

The 37-year-old was close friends with both Lamar and Khloe Kardashian.

The Keeping Up With The Kardashians star has certainly struggled with the loss — as she also recently lost friend and rapper, Chinx back in May.

On Tuesday the starlet took to Instagram to share a touching message with her fans:

Life doesn't get easier but I promise you that life will make you stronger. 💋A photo posted by Khloé (@khloekardashian) on Jun 14, 2015 at 11:34pm PDT

So sad.

Our thoughts are with Jamie's friends and family during this trying time.

[Image via Instagram.]

Tags: , , , , ,

Billboard Music Awards 2017: Celebrity Twitpics & Instagrams
Worst Dressed Celebs Of The Week!
Best Dressed Celebs Of The Week!
Stars We Lost In 2017
Celebs We Think Will Get Engaged In 2017!
This Week In Celebrity Twitpics & Instagrams!