Not the right way to use one's head…
This is very sad, of course, but also confusing as to why ANYONE would do this?!
For some reason, 22-year-old Devon Staples decided to light a firework and launch it from the top of his head while partying with friends in Maine over the weekend. Unfortunately, this killed him instantly.
[ Related: Charleston Shooter's Sister Wants You To Pay For Her Honeymoon After Her Brother's Murderous Rampage Overshadowed Her Dream Wedding ]
Not too surprisingly, Staples had been drinking and celebrating the Fourth with his friends. It was when they started lighting fireworks that he had at some point decided to launch one from the top of his head.
One of the people who happened to be there when the accident occurred was Devon's brother, Cody, who said of the explosion:
"There was no rushing him to the hospital. There was no Devon left when I got there."
Cody went on to say:
"Devon was not the kind of person who would do something stupid. He was the kind of person who would pretend to do something stupid to make people laugh."
Fireworks are still explosives and can be EXTREMELY dangerous! We're sorry for the Staples family's loss and our hearts go out to them. Hopefully this can serve as a good example for all about safety measures.
[Image via Facebook/Impact Press Group/WENN.]
Tags: holidaze, r.i.p., tacky and true, wacky