Rannazzisi has talked in detail about how he was working at Merrill Lynch's offices in New York on the 54th floor of the south tower when the first plane hit the north tower.
In an interview in 2009, he recalled:
"I was there and then the first tower got hit and we were like jostled all over the place."
He went on to describe how he barely escaped the building and made it to the street before the second plane hit his building which ultimately caused him to reassess his life and decide to pursue a career in entertainment.
He even said:
"I still have dreams of like, you know, those falling dreams."
Yeah, one problem though — it didn't actually happen!
Earlier this week, The League star was confronted with evidence that undermined his story, and after sleeping on it, Rannazzisi admitted on Tuesday that the story he'd told was false.
He released a statement through his publicist saying:
"I was not at the Trade Center on that day. I don't know why I said this. This was inexcusable. I am truly, truly sorry."
Now, it IS true that he was in New York that day and was working in Midtown but he did NOT have any affiliation with Merrill Lynch who doesn't even have a record of his employment nor offices in either tower.
"For many years, more than anything. I have wished that, with silence, I could somehow erase a story told by an immature young man. It only made me more ashamed. How could I tell my children to be honest when I hadn't come clean about this?"
This is absolutely deplorable, and we don't understand how anyone could do this!
In an interview on the podcast Sklarbro County in 2011, the actor even said:
"I've spoken about it before. I just don't ever want to feel like, anyone, I am cashing in or anything like that."
Well we don't know how a story like this isn't trying to cash in some way, but at least he's paying the price.
As a result of Steve's admission one of his sponsors, Buffalo Wild Wings, has stated that they're "currently re-evaluating" their endorsement deal with him.
The YouTube celebrity posted a lengthy, emotional video revealing that she and her husband are ending their marriage.
While sharing the sad news with her over 4 million subscribers, Colleen immediately broke down, saying:
"I am dreading making this video. I'm just going to say it. Joshua and I are getting a divorce. Man, that sucks to say out loud."
But, Miz Ballinger stressed that her former flame didn't wrong her in any way, adding:
"I want to start off by saying Joshua is a wonderful man, and I am so in love with him. This has nothing to do with he's a bad person, or he did something horrible to me, or anything like that. He's a good person and I love him."
Instead, the singer clarified that they ultimately weren't a good fit together: