Everyone copes in different ways!
In an interview with Style Like U, the 31-year-old admitted:
[Image via Media Punch.]
It's cute that you're so humble, David Beckham!!
While we are still swooning over the 40-year-old's Sexiest Man Alive cover of People, the former soccer star admits he doesn't view himself that way. Victoria Beckham's husband took to Instagram to share his thoughts on the honor:
"I thought I was past my sell by date but thanks to @PeopleMag for the accolade and the compliment! I always feel a little shy when receiving these Awards, though it will make my Mum happy. This one the kids will laugh at, as they see what Daddy looks like in the morning!"
Aww, we're sure momma Beckham is real proud!
Inside the issue, he continues:
"I never feel that I'm an attractive, sexy person. I mean I like to wear nice clothes and nice suits and look and feel good, but I don't ever think of myself that way."
Let us assure you, DB, you are definitely an attractive, and very seXXXy person!
And those trademark 40-plus tattoos definitely have something to do with it!
While the former soccer star usually keeps the meaning behind his ink private, he opened up about five of his favorite designs:
"Many people have said to me, 'When you're 60, how is it gonna look?' I'm not even worried about it."
Let's take a look:
1. The father of Brooklyn, 16, Romeo, 12, Cruz 10 and 4-year-old Harper has a reclining angel on his left shoulder paired with the phrase, "In the face of adversity."
This is just one of his many biblical references, which are often in honor of his fashion designer other half and their kiddos. He shares:
"The family ones obviously mean a lot to me."
2. The Brit has dedicated his back to his sons, with Brooklyn's name on his lower back, and the names of Romeo and Cruz around angel wings. Harper has her own dedication on the former athlete's neck.
3. David took note from Beyoncé and Jay Z's On the Run tour and tatted "Dream big, be unrealistic" on his right knuckles, just under another tribute to Victoria. He also has their wedding year ('99) inscribed on his thumb. He admits:
"The ones on my hands I like the most."
4. On his right forearm is another angel along with a quote from Roman emperor Caligula:
"Let them hate as long as they fear."
5. In another dedication to his family, Beckham honors his late grandfather Joe West with a recreation of "Man of Sorrows", a painting by artist Matthew R. Brooks.
[Image via People.]