As we previously reported, Camille Cosby had been scheduled to be deposed on January 6 in the defamation case against her husband, Bill Cosby.
The 71-year-old was granted a delay, but despite the appeal from the actor, a judge ordered on Thursday that she will be deposed, but can refuse to answer some specific questions.
Related: Camille Remains Very Committed To Bill
In case you didn't know, seven women claim they were drugged and sexually assaulted by the actor, in which he called them liars.
U.S. District Judge Mark Mastroianni wrote of his decision:
"This is a difficult issue as there is very little authority directly on the subject. The court concludes that the marital disqualification rule does apply to deposition testimony. Deponent, when appropriate, may refuse to answer deposition questions which call for testimony prohibited by the rule and not falling within an exception. The court will not quash the deposition subpoena and will not issue a formal protective order."
The deposition is still scheduled for February 22.
Cosby's team has since responded to the news, with spokesman Andrew Wyatt saying:
"Critically important decision by the Court today, agreeing with Mrs Cosby's appellate argument, affirming the confidential nature of and protection afforded to marital communications."
And the attorney for the seven accusers, Joseph Cammarata, said it was a "great day", explaining:
"Despite the efforts of Mr. and Mrs. Cosby to prevent us from asking her questions the court said that we are entitled to do so because she likely has important information to provide. We intend to get that important information when we take her deposition."
It will be interesting to find out what comes from her deposition, and which questions will be skipped.
[Image via WENN.]
Tags: bill cosby, camille cosby, court, deposition, legal matters, mark mastroianni