Sad news for Gwyneth Paltrow.
We told you earlier this month that the actress took the stand to testify against Dante Soiu, the 66-year-old man who has allegedly stalked the actress for over 17 years — and now the results have come in, not in her favor.
On Wednesday, jurors not only found Soiu NOT guilty, but they also didn't recommend that he receive psychiatric treatment for his obsession with the actress. He was court-ordered treatment over sixteen years ago when he faced charges the first time.
Related: The Scariest Celebrity Stalker Stories!
Miz Paltrow testified that Soiu sent her over 66 letters over the years containing death threats as well as threats of a "sexual nature." He would also include porn, sex toys, and pictures of sex acts he "planned to perform with her."
Additionally, Gwyneth's defense says Soiu wrote about using a scalpel "to cut out sin" of her body and would often suggest that Paltrow "die" for Christ.
Clearly the threats scared the Goop creator for her own safety and the safety of her children — which prompted her to adopt an attack dog for added security.
This is so scary. Our hearts go out to Gwynnie for having to deal with this for so long. We just hope he's learned his lesson this time…
[Image via WENN.]
Tags: gwyneth paltrow, legal matters, scary!