Prince reportedly overdosed on Percocet days before his sudden death.
As we told you, reports surfaced yesterday that the music legend allegedly suffered a drug overdose just days before his tragic passing on Thursday. The news comes on the heels of confusion about rumors that the singer died from flu complications.
Now, TMZ reports that the Kiss singer had ingested so many of the painkillers that EMTs had to inject a "save shot" into the musician's body at the Illinois airport where his plane made an emergency landing.
Related: A Breakdown Of The Days Leading Up To Prince's Sudden Death
Prince reportedly took the highly-addictive Percocet following his final Atlanta performance — which is what triggered the emergency.
The outlet also reports that the 57-year-old had been on the drug for a hip problem stemming from a corrective surgery back in 2010.
We will certainly keep you updated as we receive more information.
[Image via AP Images.]
Tags: drugs, prince, r.i.p., sad sad