We can't say we're entirely surprised…
On Friday, it was reported that Prince may've been obtaining prescriptions for painkillers from more than one doctor. Oh no!
According to members of the late icon's family, Prince was supposedly getting drugs from a close "personal friend," who was also a medical professional. Yikes!
Related: Judge Confirms Prince Didn't Have A Will
As we previously reported, it's been said that the Purple Rain singer became addicted to Percocet prior to his hip surgery in 2010 and even had an alleged overdose mere days before his untimely passing. How sad!
In case you forgot, it's been rumored that Prince stopped by a Walgreens four times in the week before his death. Not to mention, the authorities have been looking for several doctors who might have prescribed the medication as well as the pharmacies that filled out the prescriptions. To make things more complicated, the cops are also searching for any aliases that the Raspberry Beret artist may've used.
Well, since Prince changed his name often during his time as a performer that wouldn't shock us. Unfortunately, this case is starting to sound tragically similar to Michael Jackson's passing.
[Image via WENN.]
Tags: addiction, drugs, health, michael jackson, prince, r.i.p.