We're learning more about what might have happened to Prince.
On Wednesday, Star Tribune reported that a source close to the investigation of the icon's passing has revealed that the artist had Percocet in his system when he died.
While the toxicology and autopsy results aren't quite finished, the insider explained that the late legend has tested positive for the pain killer.
Related: Prince's 911 Caller Could Face Criminal Charges
However, the confidante stressed that authorities aren't sure if the pill's presence had anything to do with the songsmith's death.
Whether or not the drug contributed to the musician's untimely end, sources have admitted that the rocker had been hooked on the opioid for years, and was even supposed to meet with an addiction specialist the day after he died.
Reports have also said that the emergency landing the 57-year-old made the week before his death was so he could receive emergency treatment for an overdose.
Plus, we do know that the DEA and the US Attorney are both involved in the ongoing investigation.
But we won't know for sure how Prince died until his autopsy results come out.
[Image via Getty Images.]
Tags: addiction, dea, drug enforcement administration, drugs, overdose, percocet, prince, r.i.p., sad sad, us attorney