Chris Brown continues to maintain his innocence following his arrest for assault with a deadly weapon.
As we told you, the controversial singer was arrested last week after Baylee Curran claimed he threatened her with a firearm. C.B.'s legal team insisted the entire ordeal was a setup concocted by the accuser after a series of alleged texts came to light.
ICYMI, the text supposedly sent by Curran to a friend (presented to the press by the Loyal artist's lawyer Mark Geragos) read:
"This freak Chris Brown is kicking me out of his house because I called his [friend's] jewelry fake. I'm going to set him up and call the cops and say he tried to shoot me and that will teach him a lesson."
Related: Chris' Attorney Claims The LAPD Found No Firearms In The Singer's Home
In new footage obtained by ABC News, the 27-year-old continues to insist nothing happened that night at his El Lay home:
"I cannot wait until the truth comes to light about this incident…because my character's being defaced, and who I am as a person and my integrity. I'm glad that all my real supporters know me and they know the truth, and they'll see the truth."
You can watch the interview (below):
We guess it's only a matter of time before all this he-said, she-said is settled, but court records say Brown is expected in court on September 20 for arraignment.
We'll keep you updated as more deets surface.
Whose side are you on?? Let us know in the comments!
[Image via WENN.]
Tags: baylee curran, chris brown, controversy, gun violence, legal matters, violence