Home Videos Photos Shop
PerezHilton CocoPerez Kim K. Victoria's Secret Taylor Swift J.Law PerezTV

This Hot Pepper Literally Tore A HOLE In A Man's Esophagus — Read The Haunting Cautionary Tale HERE!

| Filed under: Wacky, Tacky & TrueFoodHealthInjuryScary!Viral: News

no title

Let this be a lesson to anyone thinking about taking a ghost pepper challenge.

According to the Journal of Emergency Medicine, a 47-year-old man burned a HOLE in his esophagus after ingesting "ghost pepper puree" on top of a burger in a food eating contest.

For those who don't know, the ghost pepper is extremely dangerous due to its rating on the Scoville scale, a system which measures the intensity of peppers. Let's just say these bad boys are incredibly HOT — an average jalapeño is just 3,500 units; the ghost pepper rates more than a MILLON units!

Video: Watch This Man Eat A Hot Chili Pepper And Then Try To Sing!

Shortly after the poor guy ate the puree, he started "violently retching and vomiting" even after gulping down six glasses of large water. The man was then rushed to the hospital after the pain continued to increase.

Luckily, medical professionals were able to determine he was suffering from Boerhaave syndrome AKA spontaneous esophageal rupture. The tear was a whopping 2.5 cm, which is pretty significant when you consider it occurred in the esophagus.

Check out an x-ray of the trauma (below)!

no title

We cannot even begin to imagine the pain this poor guy was in!

After 23 days in the hospital, the man was released without incident. We bet he won't eat another pepper EVER AGAIN.

Stay safe out there!

[Image via Instagram.]

Tags: , , , , , ,

Perezcious Pics: November 20 - 26, 2016!
Stars You Want To Have Cook Your Thanksgiving Dinner!
The Most Fattening Thanksgiving Food Ever!
Movies With REALLY Dark Original Endings!
9 Times Justin Bieber Lashed Out At His Fans!
Pop Against Trump! All The Best Anti-Donald Trump Songs!