Ever since all that Rihanna drama back in 2009, it feels like we've constantly been watching Chris Brown navigate his way through scandal after scandal.
In a new, very exposing report by Billboard, several insiders offer a close look at the controversial singer's "downward spiral" — something that's accelerated ever since his former manager Mike Guirguis quit and sued Brown for allegedly beating him up to the point of hospitalization last year.
The 27-year-old was diagnosed with bipolar II condition in 2014 — a disorder that he often self-medicates with lean, coke, Molly, or all of the above, instead of his prescribed meds.
Related: Chris Should Have His Vegas Residency Canceled!
And now that Breezy has gotten rid of his management and security team, he's left to his own scary devices — and is even said to be spending most of his time with members of the Los Angeles Bloods.
Most publicly, though, is the Loyal singer's obsession with his ex Karrueche Tran, which recently resulted in her being granted a restraining order.
With all of that in mind, here are several highlights and quotes from his former employees from the exposé (below):
– "Once he did what he did to Mike G, there was no structure," that former security team member says. "We had no manager telling us what to do or where we were going. He would make people sleep on the bus [instead of hotels] when he was mad at them. He was threatening people and cops. He was calling himself the devil."
– "Sober Chris is a solid guy with a big heart. High Chris and Chris coming off drugs is ungrateful, unappreciative and a foul person who most people don't want to deal with," says a close former associate. "Good Chris? You'll fight for him. Unfortunately, the last couple of years, it has been drug Chris. That Chris is not a good dude."
– "He's always on social media, looking up who Karrueche was with, what she was looking like, what club she was at, who posted to her Instagram."
– "My biggest frustration is that we're seeing someone who's literally one of the most talented people in R&B and hip-hop, and he's once again allegedly putting himself in a situation that makes it harder and harder for his music to be in the forefront of his brain. I can be critical and talk about how Chris Brown needs to be a man, grow up and really take control of his life — that's easy for me to say. But some people need more than that, or a different kind of support."
– "He just doesn't have the right people around him, people who are going to say, ‘Hey, dude, we shouldn't be here.' He lost Rihanna and Karrueche, two people he loved. Right now, he doesn't trust anybody. I'm probably the one who loves him the most out of everybody who is not his real family, and he won't even talk to me. I can't get to him."
– "He will cuss you out and say, ‘Hey, man, I'm functioning. I'm going to get the work out.' And he does. But [he's not] the first functional star who thinks they can handle those powerful drugs. I got to say with all my heart, he's dancing with death."
Clearly, Brown is in a cycle of battling with drug addiction and authority — and nothing will change unless he gets the right people around him who are willing to put up with all of his bullshit.
And we're certainly hoping something changes, considering he now has a young daughter, Royalty, to care for.
If you're interested in reading the lengthy report, click HERE.
What's UR opinion on Chris, Perezcious readers??? SOUND OFF in the comments!
[Image via Judy Eddy/WENN.]
Tags: alcohol, chris brown, crazzzzy, drugs, instagram, legal matters, mental health, mike g, rihanna, sad sad, scary!