Well this is confusing…
After the producer of the Oscars himself said he couldn't wait to see Chris Rock's re-written material about the #OscarsSoWhite controversy for the Academy Awards in February, it now turns out… that's not happening?!
Related: Charlotte Rampling's #OscarsSoWhite Take Is AWFUL!
The comedian's publicist Leslie Sloane said on Monday afternoon to The Hollywood Reporter that Rock has NOT made any changes or decisions about his show to reflect the race controversy:
The one-man boycott is still on for Spike Lee!
The Chiraq filmmaker was adamant that he would NOT be attending the Oscars in February, amid the award show's ongoing racial diversity problems.
Related: This Take On #OscarsSoWhite Is AWFUL!
Of course, Lee had previously indicated he was going to skip the Academy Awards — and even now that the Academy has made massive changes to their membership in a bid to diversify, that's not enough for the famed filmmaker.
Speaking to reporters over the weekend, Lee said:
Even if it weren't the freakin' Oscars, this would now absolutely be must-see TV!
Chris Rock is NOT going to step down from hosting the controversial ceremony despite pressure from some celebs, according to the show's producer.
But he is going to change quite a bit of his material and routine to reflect the #OscarsSoWhite controversy!
Related: John Legend Has A Smart Take On #OscarsSoWhite!
Reginald Hudlin, the producer of the Academy Awards, revealed on Saturday night that the 50-year-old comedian is doing a complete overhaul of his bits, saying:
Melissa Rivers has been a staple at the Oscars ever since she began covering the red carpet back in 1995, so it makes sense that she'd have an opinion on the awards show's latest controversy.
As you're surely aware, the Academy Awards came under fire over the last week after it was revealed that almost all of the nominees this year are white… including every single acting category!
Related: Will Smith Joins Jada Pinkett's Oscars Boycott!
And while that in itself is pretty terrible, Melissa spoke to Us Weekly on Wednesday about how the nominations are just a symptom of a much larger problem, saying:
Is it just us, or is Donald Trump being the reasonable one?!
Everyone in Hollywood is throwing in their two cents about the lack of diversity in the entertainment industry after the Oscars revealed its twenty acting nominees were all-white for the second consecutive year.
Now, the GOP frontrunner is weighing in on the controversy, saying he thinks everyone should be "represented properly!"
Related: Jada Pinkett Smith Responds To Academy President On Oscars Controversy!
Dialing in on Wednesday's Fox & Friends, the presidential candidate said Hollywood's lack of diversity was "really sad" but still dismissed Rev. Al Sharpton's call for a boycott at this year's award show. He said:
"I think it's a tough situation. I think it's really sad. Al is just a guy who wants to get publicity for himself. And I understand him very well."
The 69-year-old then commented on Stacey Dash's interview from earlier in the morning — where she criticized all-black award shows like the BET Awards — and Trump couldn't agree more, saying he "never even thought of it from that standpoint."
Watch the full interview (above) to hear Trump's thoughts on how Oscars host Chris Rock should handle the backlash during the show!