This is the most wonderful thing we've heard all week.
[Image via Dennis Van Tine/Future Image/WENN.]
Mark Salling will not be charged in the recent rape case due to "insufficient evidence."
Reportedly, a now-22-year-old woman claims the alleged assault took place about four years ago when she and Mark had been dating. She claimed the twosome had entered a room to have sex when the victim says she changed her mind and told Salling "I can't do this." Allegedly, that's when the 34-year-old refused to stop and forced himself onto her. The unnamed girl says the two engaged in consensual sex the next morning.
It was announced on Monday that Salling won't be charged after the L.A. County District Attorney reviewed the case and found "insufficient evidence, lack of corroboration, and a four year delay in reporting the alleged crime," according to TMZ.
The D.A. says the case may be reopened in the future if more evidence comes to light.
What do U think of all this, Perezcious readers?? SOUND OFF in the comments!
[Image via Cousart/JFXimages/WENN.]
Another day, another scandal for Mark Salling…
On Sunday, it was reported that the Glee alum is being investigated for allegedly raping a woman. This troubling news comes only a handful of months after the musician was indicted on child pornography charges. Ugh.
According to TMZ, the El Lay County District Attorney's office is reviewing the case and deciding whether or not they'll actually file rape charges. Now the 22-year-old woman claims the alleged assault took place
The world was shocked when police busted Mark Salling for child porn last year. Well, maybe not the entire world.
The actress admitted that she wasn't entirely surprised to learn about her ex-BF's shocking scandal, but she was incredibly relieved he dumped her back in 2010, writing:
"My son's nanny actually told me about it when the story broke. I can't say I was totally shocked, but still — WTF? Then I had no doubt that God really did have my back along the way."
If the FOX alum wasn't "totally shocked" to hear that Mark was found with over a THOUSAND images of "child sexual exploitation," we're incredibly curious about the red flags she had seen when they dated!
And, while the brunette beauty confessed that she was absolutely devastated when they broke up six years ago, now she can't even fathom how she would have reacted if they were still together at the time of the bust, adding:
Mark Salling's child pornography trial has been delayed.
As we've reported — the 33-year-old was arrested back in December when cops found thousands of images and videos of underage individuals engaging in sex acts, including some that were even younger than twelve years old.
A new start date is scheduled to be discussed at a status conference for the case on September 19.
The Dallas native is currently ordered to wear an ankle bracelet while out on a $150,000 bond.
We'll keep you updated as the case progresses.
[Image via WENN.]
Mark Salling is fighting those charges.
Back in December, the 33-year-old was arrested when cops found thousands of images and videos of underage individuals engaging in sex acts, including some that were even younger than twelve years old.
Since the scandalized star has pleaded not guilty to the charges, he'll be going to trial to try and make his case. And his day in court isn't that far off.
According to E! News,
Mark Salling is pleading not guilty.
On Friday, the Glee actor was arraigned at an El Lay court after being indicted on two child pornography charges. Back in December, he was was busted with thousands of images and videos of underage kids engaging in sexual acts.
At the hearing, the scandalized star pleaded not guilty AND was released on $150K bail. The FOX alum personally paid $100K of that money in a cashier's check he picked up on Thursday.
After hearing the 33-year-old's plea, the judge ordered a few restrictions before releasing Mark out into the world.
First, the Texas native must stay at least 100 feet away from schools, parks, arcades, and other places where little ones hang out.
He must also wear a GPS bracelet and is not allowed to be alone with minors.
Plus, he forked over his passport — probably because prosecutors reportedly feared he was a flight risk — and isn't allowed to do drugs, including medical marijuana.
What do U think of all this, Perezcious readers?
[Image via Getty Images.]
Court is in session.
Before heading into the courthouse, the actor's attorney Dmitry Gorin spoke to Crime Watch Daily. Although he didn't want to comment on the case, he did say:
"We hope the media gives Mr. Salling a chance to deal with the case in court."
And while some sources are saying the FOX alum will be turning himself in, U.S. Attorney spokesman Thom Mrozek told CWD that might not be the case: